The GATE application form for the year 2022 is starting from the 30th of August 2022. The GATE examination for the year 2022 will be conducted by the IITKGP or the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. The examination is expected to start in the month of February and if you are planning to appear in the examination, it is high time for you to get serious and start preparing.
Table of Content
The application portal for this year will be opened on the 1th of October. You should complete the application filling process before the 24th of September if you don’t want to pay a late fee. The last date for the registration with the addition of late fee of 500 INR (around) is the 1st of October, so be sure to get it done by then, otherwise, you won’t be able to appear on the exam this year.
Limited Offer!! Buy the GATE test series now.Online Mock Test Series for GATE 2022.
In order to register for the examination, you will need to have the following information and documentation with you.
- Contact information (mobile number, parent’s mobile number, email address, etc.)
- Personal information (name, parent’s name, date of birth, etc.)
- Living address for communication
- Collage’s name and address
- Degree Eligibility details
- Choice of GATE examination paper subject and examination city
- Category or Cast certificate
- Valid identity proof documentation
- Candidate’s photograph
To go through with the registration you need to register with GOPAS using your login details. After that is done, you need to fill up the application form with the details that they ask from you. After that, you need to upload your photograph and all the relevant documents. Make sure that the photograph you upload is a front-facing one that displays your face properly and it and the documents match the required format.
After this, you will need to pay the registration fee, and then you can once again review your entered details. If the details need correction, you make them; otherwise, you can just submit the application form. Now you are done with the registration process of the GATE examination for 2022.
All of the important dates for the examination have already been announced and they are as followed-
- Date of the opening of the application portal – 30th Aug 2021
- Last date of registration – 24th Sept 2021
- Last date of registration with late fee – 1st Oct 2021
- Display of Defective Applications for Rectification – 26th Oct 2021
- Last Date for the Rectification of the Applications – 1st Nov 2021
- Last date for reselecting the examination date, city or paper or making any correction with additional Fees– 12th November 2021
For additional details be sure to keep visiting the official site. You can visit the site using the following link.
Official Link: https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Due to the current situation with the Covid-19 pandemic, the dates of the whole examination or application procedure might change, and if it does, you can find those updates on the official site.